We are in process of redesigning the Penguin enclosure.
Please check back for updates and product availability.
The NOVA Penguin is an independent
system designed to measure skin hydration non-invasively via electrical
impedance readings. The Penguin's features provide a superior level of
convenience and portability. Powered by two rechargeable "AA" batteries,
the Penguin communicates with a PC using an IrDA technology, making wires
and cables unnecessary. The Penguin is provided with its own recharger
and, as such, is both green and sustainable. Data is uploaded to a PC
and stored in the form of a pre-labeled Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Self calibration - instrument calibrates itself
immediately at start-up
- PC interfacing through IrDA link - no wires
or cables needed to communicate with PC
- Independent data storage - all data is stored
on the probe
- Force compensation - ensures user applies correct
amount of force
- Skin surface temperature measurement
- Clear numerical depiction of DPM, temperature,
and force with each reading
- Button icons allow for quick and easy transition
between screens and data transmission to PC
- Large bar graph icon ensures user data collection
at appropriate force level
- Date and time stamp clearly shown on Penguin
- Battery icon graphic indicated battery charge
- Penguin may be set to emulate DPM 9003 data
Optional features are available at an extra charge, and include: interchangeable
special purpose articulated probes and computer system package. Check
with NOVA for availability, pricing and delivery details.
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.